Whenever possible, you should first try to resolve your complaint directly with the public agency involved before coming to the Ombudsperson’s office. Many public agencies have an internal process for handling complaints. If you’ve tried resolving the problem and still feel that you’ve been treated unfairly, the Ombudsperson’s office may be able to help.

1(250) 387- 5855

To report fraudulent home repairs, door-to-door sales, fraudulent charities, etc. Complaints must be made in writing.
(604) 682-2711

For inquiries or complaints regarding consumer contracts, credit reporting, gift cards or the cost of consumer credit, contact our Inquiry Department.

Toll Free: 1-888-564-9963

(604) 320-1667

All banks, retail associations and federal trust, loan and insurance companies must, by law, have a complaint-handling process in place for consumers. If you have a complaint or a problem with a financial institution, start by contacting the local and senior levels of the institution.

1 (866) 461-3222

The Financial Institutions Commission (FICOM) is an agency of the provincial government, which administers statutes providing regulatory rules for the protection of the public in the province of BC.
(604) 660-3555

Contact the Patient Care Quality Office. Complaints can be made verbally, in person, by phone or in writing. Office hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Closed on weekends and statutory holidays.

Patient Care Quality Office, 11762 Laity St (4th Floor), Maple Ridge, BC V2X 5A3
1 (877) 880-8823

Do you have a complaint? If you’re not happy with the service you received from us, or a decision, procedure or policy, we want to hear from you.

(604) 982-6210

The OmbudService for Life & Health Insurance (OLHI) is a national independent complaint resolution and information service for consumers of Canadian life and health insurance products and services, including life, disability, employee health benefits, travel, and  insurance investment products such as annuities and segregated funds.
1 (888) 295-8112

The Board’s purpose is to resolve appeals from decisions made under the Safety Standards Act and the Homeowner Protection Act to determine if the decisions were fairly made in accordance with the provisions of the legislation. The Board’s objective is to carry out its work in a just, consistent, timely and cost-efficient manner.
1 (250) 387-4021